BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop back end applications and data models to solve well-defined user needs (e.g., coaching system, messaging, supply-demand engine, community).
- Participate in the definition of development processes, including agile project management, continuous integration/deployment (CI/CD), release process
- Work in an agile environment where we ship features frequently
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Foster quality while building solutions, through extensive testing of your code
- Support tracking projects to schedule, budget, and scope, reporting status, issues, and risks to project leadership team
- Assist in resolution of complex and escalated production issues.
- Participate in Cloud deployment processes.
- Care deeply about performance.
- Good people skills, care about mentoring others.
- 5+ years of experience in software development.
- Strong experience with one or more of the following languages: C# .net Core, Python, Typescript/Nodejs, .Net, Java, C++.
- A solid background in Object-oriented programming (OOP).
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience in TDD and writing unit tests.
- Database engine knowledge experience.
- Familiarity with Web Sockets, REST APIs.
- Cloud provider experience (AWS, Azure).
- Proficiency with development tools such as jira, git, bash.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Team player.
- Experience working within agile environments.
Nice To Have
- Willing to learn other backend languages such as Go.
- Experience with K8s (Kubernetes).
- Previous experience working with different architectures such as monolithic or micro-services.
- Knowledge designing/developing systems using relational and non-relational databases.
- Knowledge with IaC (Infrastructure as code)